Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blog 1: January 22, 2014 | Mr. Crimson & Creme and Miss Jabberwock Flyer


     This flyer was Pro Bono work for Vorhees College in Denmark, SC. The client let me have freedom with the overall design, but requested that I use specific colors and include important information. The event is about voting in a new king and queen for 2013. So I brainstormed about royalty and crowning and came to the conclusion that an empty suit and dress seemed appropriate for the client's message to be conveyed to the audience. So I used Adobe Illustrator to draw out two outfits from scratch which was extremely arduous, time consuming, and tedious all in one. After creating the suit and dress I used the required colors, which were crimson and creme, to liven the drawings up. Next I constructed an elegant background to compliment the drawings and then I set the title in a script typeface for display and the important information in a San Serif typeface to be the last thing looked at on the flyer. Afterwards I sat back to look over the design and when a couple of minutes passed I decided to add sashes to finish it off. Finally, I sent the client the finished product. A few days later I received positive feedback through email stating that many students as well as faculty and staff were very impressed with the flyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment