Monday, February 3, 2014

Blog 4: January 27, 2014 | Panda Lilly



     This is a character that I made in my Digital Illustration course at South University. The professor wanted us to draw out thumbnails of many facial expressions and then come up with a character to apply the 3 expressions to. So I came up with the illustration above the text and named her Panda Lilly. I utilized the scanner in the art lab to scan in the outlines of each different expression/body language of Panda Lilly. Next, I did a trace image on each illustration separately, chose the colors from the swatches panel, used the gradient tool some (especially in the faces of Panda Lilly to the left and right), and finally used the blob tool to actually color them in with my selection of colors. The object of this project was to focus more on hand drawing the illustrations and not always relying on the computer to come up with great visuals. The professor expressed that I did an extremely good job with this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment